Residents abandon the traditional communication forums used by local governments and run to Social Media newsfeed as the source of their information. As this trend continues, our local governments have to reorient our community outreach and successfully engage with residents using low-cost, but highly effective tool. The session will provide an Overview of Social Media, Practical City/County Uses, Encouraging Citizen Engagement, Best Practices & Organizational Controls.
Jim Ward Community Center
301 NW 46th Avenue
Friday, April 6, 2018
8:30 am – 1:00 pm
ICMA Practice Areas: 7, 14, 15 and 16
- Holly McPhail, Communications Coordinator, Florida League of Cities
- Rebecca Medina Stewart, Director of Public Affairs and Marketing, City of Deerfield Beach
- Joann Hussey, Public Information Officer, City of Hollywood
- Joel Gordon, Battalion Chief & PIO, City of Plantation Fire Rescue Department
- Anthea Thomas, Public Outreach Manager, Broward Metropolitan Planning Organization
- Natalie Rodriguez, Chief Communications Officer/Clerk & Controller, Palm Beach County
The cost of the training is $74 per person and $40 for students paying by check. On-line registration will receive $25 off the registration fee ($49 per person/$15 per student). Registration Deadline is Friday, March 30th. No refunds will be given after the deadline. Non-FCCMA members, contact firstname.lastname@example.org to register. Lunch is included.
If paying by check, complete the registration form and mail to : FCCMA, P.O. Box 1757, Tallahassee, FL 32302