- Topic for Discussion: “Property Appraiser Ad Valorem Outlook and Lobbyist Panel Discussion”
- Speakers: Miami-Dade Property Appraiser Pedro J. Garcia
- Panel Discussion Moderator: Miami-Dade County Legislative Delegation Vice-Chair and Representative Kionne McGhee
- Panel Discussion Speakers: Lobbyist Jose Fuentes, Lobbyist Nelson D. Diaz, Lobbyist Fausto Gomez and Lobbyist Ron L. Book.
On behalf of the MDCCMA Executive Board, a friendly reminder: Friday, April 20, 2018, luncheon will be held at 12:30 PM at Italy Today, Main Street Shopping Center, 6743 Main Street, Miami Lakes, FL 33014, Phone: (305) 817-3122.
Topic for Discussion: IoT and How This is the Future of Municipal Government.
- Charles Ramdatt – City of Orlando Smart Cities Director
- Dr. Selcuk Uluagac – FIU Cyber-Physical Systems Security Lab Director
- Cisco – TBD
- Lars M. Schemekel – Miami Dade County – Chief Security Officer – M. Dade County
- Saud Khader – Verizon.
For Italy Today map and parking directions, please click here.
Please send all RSVP’s by Tuesday, April 17, 2018 to Candido Sosa-Cruz at email@example.com.
|I can’t make it|
We look forward to seeing you there.
PLEASE REMEMBER TO RENEW YOUR MEMBERSHIP
The Town of Cutler Bay, in collaboration with Florida Atlantic University, will be hosting a two-day certificate program course in Public Records Management.
For more information, please click here.
Residents abandon the traditional communication forums used by local governments and run to Social Media newsfeed as the source of their information. As this trend continues, our local governments have to reorient our community outreach and successfully engage with residents using low-cost, but highly effective tool. The session will provide an Overview of Social Media, Practical City/County Uses, Encouraging Citizen Engagement, Best Practices & Organizational Controls.
Jim Ward Community Center
301 NW 46th Avenue
Friday, April 6, 2018
8:30 am – 1:00 pm
ICMA Practice Areas: 7, 14, 15 and 16
- Holly McPhail, Communications Coordinator, Florida League of Cities
- Rebecca Medina Stewart, Director of Public Affairs and Marketing, City of Deerfield Beach
- Joann Hussey, Public Information Officer, City of Hollywood
- Joel Gordon, Battalion Chief & PIO, City of Plantation Fire Rescue Department
- Anthea Thomas, Public Outreach Manager, Broward Metropolitan Planning Organization
- Natalie Rodriguez, Chief Communications Officer/Clerk & Controller, Palm Beach County
The cost of the training is $74 per person and $40 for students paying by check. On-line registration will receive $25 off the registration fee ($49 per person/$15 per student). Registration Deadline is Friday, March 30th. No refunds will be given after the deadline. Non-FCCMA members, contact firstname.lastname@example.org to register. Lunch is included.
If paying by check, complete the registration form and mail to : FCCMA, P.O. Box 1757, Tallahassee, FL 32302
The Miami-Dade City/County Management Association (MDCCMA), the Florida City/County Management Association (FCCMA) and the Local Government Hispanic Network (LGHN) hosted a Municipal Cybersecurity training session on March 2 in Bal Harbour Village.
The session was moderated by Brian Andrews and included: Charles Brad Leopard from the U.S Secret Service, Lars Schmekel, CIO of Miami-Dade County, Michael Capote, ProPrivatus, Gurvirender Teejay, St. Thomas University, Steven T. Lutinsky and was hosted by Bal Harbour Village Manager Jorge M. Gonzalez and Assistant Manager Ramiro Inguanzo.
On behalf of the City of West Miami, Mayor Eduardo H. Muhiña, Vice-Mayor Candida Blanca, and Commissioners Juan M. Blanes, Rhonda A. Rodriguez, and Luciano L. Suarez hereby unite in recognizing Mrs. Yolanda Aguilar our City Manager who celebrates 35 years of service to the City of West Miami, 24 of those years serving as City Manager.
Attached please find a copy of the press release (English and Spanish).
You are cordially invited to attend the regular City Commission Meeting on Wednesday, March 7th, 2018 at 7:30.
The John Scott Dailey Florida Institute of Government at Florida Atlantic University invite you and your employees to attend a two (2) day Certificate Program in Public Records Management on June 7 and June 8, 2018.
Location: Cutler Bay Town Center 10720 Caribbean Blvd., Penthouse Suite, Cutler Bay, Florida 33189
Attached please find the Spring Open Enrollment package for additional training opportunities and important registration information.
To register for this program, please contact:
The John Scott Dailey Florida Institute of Government at FAU
777 Glades Road
Social Science Building, Room 108
Boca Raton, FL 33431