Dear MDCCMA members,
Thank you all for participating in the MDCCMA Emergency Debris Program conference call. Over twenty municipalities joined to learn more about FEMA debris recovery requirements. During the call, I mentioned that we would forward to you some key information to assist you during your recovery and FEMA application process.
Earlier today, we forwarded a copy of FEMA’s Public Assistant Program and Policy Guide, along with the Municipal Branch Director’s contact information.
Attached, you will find other useful information that was discussed during our conference call:
- Discussion – Private Property Debris Removal – A: Provided by Yahiritza D. Alvarez, EM Specialist, Office of Emergency Management Miami-Dade –
o Attachments –
- 20170914 FL Debris Quick Guide
- FEMA Public Assistance: Private Property Debris Removal Fact Sheet
- FEMA Public Assistance: Debris Removal Tips Fact Sheet
- FEMA Public Assistance: Contracting Requirements Checklist
- FEMA Environmental and Historic Preservation (EHIP) Fact Sheet: Debris Removal Activities
- Florida Division of Emergency Management Private Property Details Removal Quick Guide
- Discussion – Provide sample of Request Letter from municipality to FEMA for private road emergency debris pickup –
o Attachment –
- FEMA – Private Road Debris Letter (from Miami Lakes)
- Discussion – Contractor Rate Increase – Guidance provided by the State on how to handle issues with contractors not performing at their previously established contractual rates.
o Attachment –
- Scan (State of Florida Division of Emergency Management letter dated 9-18-17)
Lastly, for those that may not know, Miami-Dade County is hosting a Public Assistance Webinar tomorrow, Tuesday, September 26 at 1:00 – 2:00 p.m. meant for your municipality’s finance staff. Below is the information provided by the EM Specialist, Office of Emergency Management to register for the webinar.
Subject: Public Assistance Webinar (for Municipal Finance Staff)
When: Tuesday, September 26, 2017 1:00 PM-2:00 PM (UTC-05:00) Eastern Time (US & Canada).
Good afternoon everyone,
Several municipalities have requested for us to provide a training on Public Assistance geared to municipal finance staff. This webinar will focus on the following topics:
- FEMA Public Assistance program
- What are eligible expenses for municipal partners and how best to document these expenses
- Initial and Preliminary Damage assessment (IDA and PDA) process and lessons learned from Hurricane Matthew
This webinar is meant for your municipality’s finance staff. We ask to please forward the invite and ensure that your respective personnel attends.
Please register for Public Assistance Webinar (for Municipal Finance Staff) on Sep 26, 2017 1:00 PM EDT at:
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.
Call In Number: (305) 468-5440
Pin #: 9300
Again, thank you for participating in our MDCCMA conference call and we hope to continue providing you with key information that will allow your city to return to normalcy.